Saturday, November 8, 2014

For anyone that has some baking to do this holiday season, here is an awesome Gluten Free artisan flour recipe. I use this flour recipe cup for cup with any recipe that I am modifying.

This recipe makes a huge zip-lock gallon bag of flour:

8 cups brown rice flour
2 2/3 cups cornstarch
1 cup potato starch
1/3 cup potato flour
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon xanthan gum

If you are intimidated by trying to find the potato starch and flour, most grocers that sell organic products carries it, including HyVee, King Soopers, some Wal-Marts, Vitamin Cottage, and Sprouts. The list really does go on. Xanthan gum is actually quite common and can be found at any Wal-Mart or grocery store that I've ever been into. Xanthan gum is a tad expensive, most small bags cost around $10.00, but since you are using such a small amount, it lasts forever.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. What a helpful recipe! What brands do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the potato starch and flour, and the xanthan gum I use Red Mills brand. And for the rest I use whatever brand I can find at the local grocery. Thank you for the great question Ma'am

    ReplyDelete